The Plank is one of those positions, which I love to incorporate into my workouts after an intense cardio session. A full toning Core exercise, which works the arms, legs, lower back and an intense Ab workout!
Fitness beginners or weight lifters should use the Plank in the beginning of training to build up their Core strength to prevent injuries and create a good foundation of strength, which you can then build on.
I often love to do, what I call a Plank off! With my Personal Training clients & friends where we compete with each other on how long we can hold the Plank for!
- Put your weight onto your forearms at a 90-degree angle and your toes and lift up your body weight
- Engage your core muscles by pulling your stomach muscles into your spine.
- Make sure you keep your bum low and your back straight, to engage all your core muscles
- Hold it for as long as you can! Best to listen to music whilst you do it to make sure you stay interested…
- Now drop to the floor just like the Photo!
- Well done!
Start with 20 -35 seconds in your first week, then build up to 35-45 Seconds and eventually to 1min by the 3rd week of Training
If you really love your plank! Here is a link to a 30 day Plank Plan...
Hope you like the post! More to come soon…
Would be awesome if you subscribed to this blog if you enjoy my posts on Fun- Fitness, Fashion & Nutrition.
Enter your Email above ^
Crop Top From Bristol Street Fashion Designers Hidden Temple
Check them out here!
Katherine Grace xx